Costa Rica here we come!

This may be my last post before we head off to Costa Rica in a few days. I hope to be busy blogging my trip report when we're back in March!

The trip will be my first to Central America. Although some of the species in CR are the same as in Colombia where I have spent 2 weeks and there will be wintering North American passerines I've seen there should also be more than enough for me to get my teeth into.

We'll be away for about 3 and a half weeks in all and our itinerary includes visits to Savegre Mountain Lodge, Poas Volcano, La Selva Biological Station, Selva Verde Lodge, Arenal Observatory Lodge, Monteverde/Santa Elena, Nicoya Peninsular and Carara NP so it should be a varied trip.

As ever it won't be all birding and I don't have a hit list. I'll see what I see and miss what I miss which is a nice relaxed way bird a new place. The following pics are of birds I'd not sneeze at though!

Long-tailed Silky Flycatcher

Resplendent Quetzal

Collared Redstart

  

No comments:

Post a Comment