2nd week of April round up

This week has been all about bits and pieces as migrants gradually start to filter in. In the absence of any real birding I thought I'd summarise the week.
A long walk around Covehithe/Benacre/Kessingland on Sunday (12th) gave me my first Swallows, several Sand Martins around the cliffs and a nice smart White Wagtail in clifftop field just north of Covehithe. Walking north Benacre Broad had nothing on it but just after that 2 Yellow Wagtails flew low south and at Kessingland Sluice 6 Northern Wheatears were very nice. On the way home a Sedge Warbler was singing in a roadside ditch near Bungay.

On Tuesday (14th) I clocked my first Orange Tip in the garden and we also now have a couple of singing Blackcaps. Early Bumblebees and Red-tailed Bumblebees are also about.

Today (15th) gave me my earliest Common Whitethroat (beating my previous earliest by a day) singing near Tivetshall.  


No comments:

Post a Comment