Citril Finch dirty twitch, 10 May 2015

Having spent the majority of the day down at Bawdsey doing 'alternative' things in underground bunkers I got home at 16.30 and was out of the house again at 17.00! Driving like a nutter up to Burnham Overy, I clocked up a Great White Egret flying south over the A1067 just west of Lenwade (toward the Wensum Valley), some feat at c80mph!

I used to walk quite legally along Bone's Drift in the past but it was neds must tonight so I ignored the 'private keep out' signs and legged it as fast as I could to the est end of Holkham Meals. Upon arrival a kind soul offered me his scope and I'd nailed the male Citril Finch within seconds of arrival! It fed unobtrusively on seeds on a sandy patch between brambles and by moving above it I managed to snap off a few records shots. This constitutes Norfolk's 1st and Britains 2nd Citril Finch.

Otherwise it was just plenty of singing Willow Warblers, Garden Warbler plus several Common Buzzards and the first Swifts down at Bawdsey.






No comments:

Post a Comment