The winter blues but Vietnam soon!

This time of the year is my least favourite and the weather for the last few days hasn't helped. Just grey, cold and dull and it hasn't inspired me to go out at all. Fieldfares in the garden and the Pulham area have livened things a little. There is a flock of c200 down the road (with a few Redwings too) and you can't go out into the garden at the moment without the accompaniment of lots of 'chakking'. This is by far the best winter for them since we've been here.

Thankfully I have a trip to Vietnam coming up in just 2 weeks time and I can't wait for some exciting birding and some warmth in my bones! I'm going on a guided tour for the very first time with Boletas and all the final details are in place ready for the off. The tour starts in Ho Chi Minh City (aka Saigon) and takes in the southern and central parts of the country. As ever I have no 'must see' birds, I will see what I see but with some top notch local guides we should hopefully do well. A glimpse of the recently discovered Golden-winged Laughingthrush would be fantastic ;-)

      

No comments:

Post a Comment