Waxham Beach, 21 December 2021

Another day that started with a dip - this time of Cattle Egrets at Martham. With Belinda working with a child in tow we headed to Waxham beach again. This time I had my camera and lens with me so managed to get some nice shots of the Grey Seals and a trio of Sanderling on the beach too. Wandering along to groyne 20 I was also chuffed to find the Purple Sandpiper again and with the right gear managed to get some nice pics of it. Before we headed home a quick drive along the coast road past Sea Palling revealed the wild swans again and I managed to pick out both Whooper Swans and Bewick's Swans but not get numbers as I only had bins with me.  

Fast forward to yesterday (22nd) and c25 Snow Buntings were at the extreme north end of Kessingland beach and on the long walk up I had c6 Reed Buntings, Sanderlings and large female Sparrowhawk.



                                                                                                                                   Purple Sandpiper

                                                                                                                                         Sanderling




                                                                                                                                           Grey Seals
Whooper Swan


                                                                                                                                       Snow Buntings


   

No comments:

Post a Comment