Spotted Sandpiper and Great Reed Warbler twitch, 10 June 2022

After seeing the aforementioned Carthusian Pinks in Norwich on Friday I decided to head on up to Titchwell and Snettisham for a twitchy double-header!

Calamity! I got to the Titchwell carpark only to realise I'd left my scope at home! Luckily I bumped into an old aquaintance with a scope so all was not lost and I got some lovely views of the spottiest Spotted Sandpiper you'll ever see on the freshmarsh. Only my 2nd in Norfolk and the 1st since 1994. A Grasshopper Warbler was reeling away to the west of the path, 2 Red Kites were over the carpark/coast road and a Painted Lady also on brambles in the carpark.

So, on to Snettisham and a long walk out along the sea wall stopping to admire 6 Spoonbills on the way. Arriving at the kissing gate I could hear the Great Reed Warbler singing from some way away. With patience I got some great views as it sang almost non-stop for the hour and a half I was there. There were plenty of the scarce Grass Vetchling in the grass there too.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment