In search of Ladybirds, Earlham Cemetery, 27 March 2024

I spent a good couple of hours in Earlham Cemetery yesterday, primarily looking for ladybirds. 

My quest was to find Larch Ladybird, a species I've never caught up with - and still haven't! Despite much scouring of the accessible branches and trunks of 3 large Larches I couldn't find one. Despite that I did find an amazing 33 Pine Ladybirds (including several mating pairs), several Harlequin Ladybirds of different forms, a Tawny Mining Bee and the dark green ant Formica fusca. While diligently checking the branches I also came across the tiny but distinctive Fringed Rosette Lichen, Physcia tenella

A vocal Nuthatch was also in the same area. 

                                                                                                                             Fringed Rosette Lichen
                                                                                                                                 Formica fusca



                                                                                                                                  Pine Ladybirds
  

No comments:

Post a Comment