A sneaky twitch to Abberton, 25 August 2024

With the bank holiday weekend to myself I had planned a day out in north Essex visiting Coggleshall and a couple of National Trust properties there. Needless to say there was another part to the plan - a small drive across from there to see the 1st summer drake Canvasback at Abberton! 

I arrived at the Layer Breton Causeway and very conveniently the bird was asleep on the causeway itself with loads of Pochard and close enough not to even need my scope. It did wake up a few times for a preen and a shuffle allowing me to get a few shots. Scanning about I also counted 14 Great White Egrets, c60 Little Egrets, 4 Cattle Egrets and a single Common Sandpiper.

Possibly the easiest twitch ever!



                                                                                                                                    Canvasback
                                                                                                                                 Great White Egret
    

No comments:

Post a Comment