Kessingland/Benacre/Covehithe trudge, 6 April 2018

A trudge it certainly was. It really was hard work birdwise but if I counted the steps I walked then it must have done me some good!
A Red Kite swooping low over the A143 at Ellingham on the way lulled me into a false sense that it might be a good day! 
The best I could manage at Kessingland was a male Stonechat at the sluice plus Grey Wagtail, c2 Chiffchaffs and Reed Bunting at the sewerage works. Benacre Broad did at least give me yeartick in the form of an adult Little Gull at the west end which quickly got up and was hawking insects above the tree line.
A further walk down to Covehithe Broad was rewarding for c5 White Wagtails with c15 Pied Wagtails in the field to the south of the broad and then on the beach. The flock was really flighty so despite my best efforts I didn't get any shots. 3 Ringed Plover, 3 Shoveler, Little Grebe, c20 Chaffinches and Marsh Harrier were about it. Then on the way out of Covehithe village a gorgeous 'blue' Common Pheasant (tenebrosis) sat in a field for a photo!

Yearlist = 178

'Blue' Common Pheasant

      'Blonde' Brown Rat

No comments:

Post a Comment