Dusky Warbler at Lowestoft North Denes, 14 November 2020

Looking at the weather forecast for tomorrow it was clear that it had to be today that I ventured out birding!

The Dusky Warbler found 6 days ago on the bracken-covered slope at North Denes was a bird I'd wanted to catch up with and sure enough I managed to get some nice views of this typically elusive individual, helped by the fact that is was calling fairly frequently. All my views were of it in flight but they included some quite lengthy flight views at close range. After having a catch up with Rob Wilton and Andrew Easton I walked down to Ness Point and the turbine yard and failed to find Purple Sandpipers or Black Redstart! A nice 1w Caspian Gull was my only reward as the weather closed in and I made the wet walk back to the Links Road carpark. Here I was greeted by 5 Mediterranean Gulls and managed to photograph 3 of them from the dry refuge of the car!

A brief call-in at Carlton Marshes on the way past revealed a very promising first visit to their cafe! The rain was steady by now so I scoffed and left.



                                                                                                                           Mediterranean Gulls
  

No comments:

Post a Comment