Wensum Park, Norwich, 30 December 2017

A couple of failed attempts during the day to see Ring-necked Parakeet around Wensum Park. During my 2 visits of the afternoon (13.00 and 15.00 - dusk) I did manage a Grey Wagtail, 3 Little Grebes (including one in full summer plumage!), 1 Cormorant, 4 Mute Swans, 2 Egyptian Geese, 2 Common Gulls and a couple of ringed Black-headed Gulls amongst the masses.
There was plenty of dodgy comings and goings in the wooded area too and the constant smell of weed in the air - oh how I love urban birding!
This rather colourful sign caught my eye too - clearly a lot of work has gone into creating it but does the wildlife of the park really include Large Copper, Swallowtail, Marsh Fritilliary and the completely ficticious 'Dusky Blue'?! I feel an email to Norwich City Council coming on...




No comments:

Post a Comment