Two new plants

Two new plants, two days and two different trips in opposite directions! 

On Sunday it was a leisurely drive out to a roadside near Framlingham. And a good job it was leisurely because my back was giving me some serious grief! Holly Percy had very kindly given me directions to some Drooping Star of Bethlehem plants but little did I know just how many there would be - literally hundreds carpeting a 30 yard stretch of roadside bank! And gorgeous things they were too. 

Fast forward to Monday evening and an after-work drive in the complete opposite direction - to Thetford. Here, at another roadside site I was again on my hands and knees looking for the tiny and scarce Spring Vetch. Even with details it took me a few minutes to spot one and in the end I found 3 plants. One being a few yards away from the others. At the same spot several stunted Breckland Speedwells and one nice specimen were also found plus one Fingered Speedwell hanging on. The latter now appear to be almost over. There was also plenty of Early Forget-me-nots


                                                                                                                       Drooping Star of Bethlehem

                                                                                                                                          Spring Vetch
                                                                                                                                  Breckland Speedwell
                                                                                                                                   Fingered Speedwell
 

No comments:

Post a Comment