Let's go fly a kite! Brockdish, Norfolk, 14 June 2013

I've been working in Brockdish all week and today the advantage of working outside really kicked in. I was outside the house I'm painting at 11.40 talking colour schemes with my customers and lo and behold a Black Kite sails over! Although they were interested I'm not sure they realised quite how rare a sight this is - or maybe they did from my reaction! The bird was really low and flapping to gain height over the centre of the village before slowly moving off west. Presumably folllowing the line of the Waveney Valley.

Earlier this morning I opened the lounge curtains to find our pair of Spotted Flycatchers have returned at last - flycatching from the top of my bird feeder. Last year they arrved on 12 May so took their time this year! Then on the way to work a Turtle Dove was sat on the middle of the road near Rushall with another calling in Brockdish itself.

Back home this evening a Hedgehog showed photographically well on the lawn.

Not bad for a work day!

Spotted Flycatcher, Pulham Market 

Hedgehog, Pulham Market
  

No comments:

Post a Comment