Smockmill Common, 12 November 2018

In the gloriously mild autumn sun I had an extended mooch around Smockmill Common near Newton Flotman today. It was mainly for fungi but I also had 3 Nuthatches, Great Spotted Woodpecker and later near Morningthorpe 4 Common Buzzards in the air together.
These are the fungi pictures I took, some identified (I think!) and some still pending. I've never been anywhere that had so many of these weird and wonderful parts of our fauna to look at.

Purple Jellydisc 

Tawny Funnel

Dead Molls Fingers

Fly Agaric

Mycena sp (poss Bark Bonnet)

Common Earthball

Shaggy Parasol

Wrinkled Crust


Wrinkled Peach



Wrinkled Crust

Silverleaf Fungus?

Silverleaf Fungus

Rosy Bonnet

Shaggy Parasol

Clouded Agaric

Rosy Bonnet

prob Blushing Wood Mushroom

Yellowing Curtain Crust

Mycena sp

Hairy Curtain Crust

Postia sp

Blushing Bracket


Velvet Shank

Dichomitus campestris

   Blushing Bracket

No comments:

Post a Comment