An after work twitch Brecks-way, 10 August 2021

Working in Hepworth today meant I was halfway to the Brecks so with a nice early finish I was able to dash over for a much-wanted rare plant.

Along a forest track near Brandon I found my plant easily - Red-tipped Cudweed. There was a fair bit of it too and I was lucky enough to find a couple of plants which still had fresh flowers showing the distinctive red tips. In the same area and on the walk back to my van I also found Corn Spurrey, Vervain, Hoary Cinquefoil and then a surprise patch of the locally scarce Bifid Hemp Nettle.  


                                                                                                                                 Red-tipped Cudweed
                                                                                                                                 Corn Spurrey
                                                                                                                                     Vervain

                                                                                                                                      Bifid Hemp Nettle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment