A long walk at Broadland CP, 11 November 2023

Belinda and I did a long walk around Broadland CP yesterday, taking in Drayton Drewray and Felthorpe Common too.

As it was a hike I didn't stop to look at too much but did find pathside specimens of Root Rot (growing at the base of a rotting pine stump) and a cluster of Veiled Poisonpies which were both new ones for me. Clouded Funnels were up in good numbers and I also spotted Yellow Stagshorn, Purple Brittlegill, Ochre Brittlegill and Hoof Fungus.

Best of all however was a flock of c40 Crossbills flying around the northern part of the country park - my biggest group for many a long year.  


                                                                                                                                  Veiled Poisonpie
                                                                                                                                  Root Rot


No comments:

Post a Comment