Black-headed Bunting, West Runton, 29 May 2014

Thanks to bloody Vodafone I didn't get up to West Runton last night as they delivered last nights voicemail at 8.00 this morning!
Luckily there was no harm done as the female Black-headed Bunting was still there today. Despite working this morning I managed to sneak away at lunchtime and dashed up to the coast. On arrival the bird hadn't shown for an hour and another hour passed before it finally popped up onto a hedge. And there it sat for a good 30 minutes during which time I snapped a few records shots using the iPhone/scope combination resulting in the pretty rubbish pics below!
The bird was #384 (BOU) for me in Norfolk and my first county tick for 2 and a half years!
It was a classic twitch too as the only other birds I saw were Common Whitethroats, Linnets and 3 fly through Stock Doves  

Black-headed Bunting, West Runton

Black-headed Bunting, West Runton

No comments:

Post a Comment