Thorpeness and North Warren, 11 June 2022

On Saturday Belinda and I did a slightly different walk in an area we know well. Heading south from Thorpeness to The Haven and then inland over North Warren in a loop. It was nice varied walk on a sunny day with a few bits and bobs seen along the way. c5 Hobbies were hunting over North Warren where I was also able to show Belinda some showy Reed Warblers, 2 Marsh Harriers and Norfolk Hawker. Plantwise I still keep managing to find the odd new one for me and this walk was no exception with Reflexed Stonecrop along the back of the beach at The Haven. Tree Lupin, Rough Comfrey, Sea Holly and the usual shingle species were also seen along with a Common Cardinal Beetle and Painted Lady.

On the way home I called in to see the Suffolk Frog Orchids and after some searching (as usual!) found 5 plants plus loads of Pyramidal Orchids and a single Southern Marsh Orchid.








  

No comments:

Post a Comment