Midland Hawthorn and other bits, 9 April 2022

A quick nip out and wander at Shotesham on a lovely sunny afternoon.

Midland Hawthorn is scarce locally and the fact it's so unobtrusive means it was one I'd not connected with. Some homework online had given me a site so I headed there to search now that leaves of Hawthorns are emerging. En-route a Red Kite over the A140 near Goodies Farm Shop was a good start. I found Midland Hawthorn nice and easily in 2 spots along the same footpath. It's leaves are very distinctively different from Common Hawthorn (also present) and I bush had some flowers on too. Along the same path I also had a Vestal Cuckoo Bumblebee which I photographed and id'd later!

On a stroll around the Shotesham Common area I had a nice clump of Marsh Marigold, Wood Forget-me-not and Wild Daffodils of note.




                                                                                                                                  Midland Hawthorn
Vestal Cuckoo Bumblebee


                                                                                                                                  Wild Daffodil
                                                                                                                                Wood Forget-me-not




No comments:

Post a Comment