Norwich, week beginning 25 April 2022

I've been working in Norwich all week and staying at my parents. Taking the opportunity to nip out a couple of times in the evenings I managed to catch up with a couple of rather uninspiring grasses - Annual Meadow Grass and Early Meadow Grass but failed to find Bulbous Meadow Grass. They left me a bit cold to be honest but in my quest to reach 1000 plant sp by the end of the year they all count!

In an alley close to where I was working I found a distinctive Wavy Bittercress plant.

In Earlham Cemetery on Wednesday I managed to find a patch of Rosy Garlic which had just one bud starting to open. It is widely believed that they will probably be mowed before they flower. Meadow Saxifrage seems to be doing well there though. 

                                                                                                                           Annual Meadow Grass
                                                                                                                             Early Meadow Grass
                                                                                                                                  Wavy Bittercress

                                                                                                                                  Rosy Garlic
                                                                                                                             Meadow Saxifrage
 

No comments:

Post a Comment